Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Do You Have To Cut It?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Angel Beauty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Do You Have To Cut It? Reply with quote
Sad Do I have to cut off all my relaxed hair if I want to go natural? I just don't want to lose my length but I'll do what I have to for natural beauty.
DIVA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Depending on your hair type. My hair is naturally wavy without/with a perm/relaxer so if you want to go natural they say it's better to cut off your and let it grow that way but I never did! I just cut the thin strands of my hair off! I sujest you don't perm your hair for a while and see how that works for you! The longer you don't perm your hair the more you can see your naturalness and then if you decide to cut the perm out of your hair then do it!
kwicherbichen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, you don't. You can flat iron your hair. You can use Diva Smooth to make your hair straight as you transition or where braids or protective styles so that the hair doesn't have to hold itself.
longhairdon'tcar3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: all i knw Reply with quote
All i can say is that repairing hair with spit ends doesn't seem possible.
The only way i know to get rid of split ends is to trim.
Goodluck guys!!
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
longhairdon'tcar3

The best way to get rid of split ends is to trim them; however, there is an alternative. Check out my post under the Natural Styling category. Just an idea for you to ponder.

Hope it helps!
longhairdon'tcar3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
angeeE5 wrote:
longhairdon'tcar3

The best way to get rid of split ends is to trim them; however, there is an alternative. Check out my post under the Natural Styling category. Just an idea for you to ponder.

Hope it helps!

can't find it, is it in the hair growth froum??
angeeE5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
longhair,

It is labeled [Poll} CUT IT OUT under the Styling table in the Natural Hair section.
kerryann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh yeah i trim those suckers anyway for some reason my hair tends o grow faster
angeeE5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kerryann,

What is your hair type? How often do you trim your hair?
My hair type is 4b/4c, moderately-extremely kinky. I trim my hair once every three months because I do not have a balanced diet, nor do I exercise as regularly as I should. I am only 120 lbs, and I do not want to sweat it all off. I have a fast metabolism. I can lost 10 lbs in a week if I wanted to. This is just my natural built.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

ACE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DIVA wrote:
Depending on your hair type. My hair is naturally wavy without/with a perm/relaxer so if you want to go natural they say it's better to cut off your and let it grow that way but I never did! I just cut the thin strands of my hair off! I sujest you don't perm your hair for a while and see how that works for you! The longer you don't perm your hair the more you can see your naturalness and then if you decide to cut the perm out of your hair then do it!

I AGREE BECAUSE I DIDNT CUT ALL OF MY RELAXER OUT I JUST KEPT IT MOVING AND GREW IT OUT SO THAT I CAN STILL HAVE LENGTH
Shortyee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately yes. Relaxed strands of hair can never be natural again. In order to become natural again while still maintaining your length, you must continuously trim your hair so as the natural hair is growing back in, you are slowly trimming off the relaxed.
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes,essentially when u r growing out a relaxer and getting the ends clipped,it is the relaxed hair.However,I cant say that I agree with the fact that a strand that is relaxed can never be natural just because if hair is coming from the scalp and you know how hair strands gain a certain amount of growth per month(some call it new growth)well new growth is attatched on the same strand of hair as the relaxed hair.Then thats when people get a touch up with the relaxer,once again causing the "new growth natural hair" to become coated with chemicals to make it straight.Without the relaxer being added on to the new growth,the strand of hair thats growing out would have the natural hair coming from the scalp at the top of the strand and relaxed hair attatched right below it on the same strand until it grows out.
malika26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i was so tempted to cut my hair last night i had to stop myself, i dont want to lose my length so im gonna just continue with the roller sets and now i want to try the perm rod set, i used the splitender also, do u ladies think this will help, withough having to cut the relaxer out, using the splitender every 5 weeks shouldnt hurt huh
MissCoco210

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you are supposed to use the splitender every 6 weeks and then you can use it less after a while i know when i get my relaxer i am going to get a trim to dust my egdes and then 8 weeks later i am going to use the splitender to keep the split ends away... so don't cut your hair... we are going to stretch and stretch to grow long healthy relaxed hair because it is possible. when i go back home i am going to give myself better twist in my hair or i am going to have a professional do it or get a sew in cause i am not ready to relax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Breakage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: