Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
How to Use Protein and Moisture Treatments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hairfinity
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: How to Use Protein and Moisture Treatments Reply with quote
Use protein treatments to rebuild hair structure and strength. Your hair is about 88% protein. These proteins are of a hard fibrous type known as keratin. When hair is chemically straightened, these bonds are broken, causing the hair to lose strength. If this protein is not replaced, it will eventually cause the hair to break. Mizani Kerafuse is a good protein treatment for black hair. It should be used every week (for chemically relaxed or damaged hair) under a heated dryer with a plastic cap for 10-15 minutes. For healthy hair, a protein treatment should be used every other week, alternating with a moisture treatment.

Use moisture treatments. – Moisture treatments help build hair’s resilience and prevent breakage. If protein is not balanced with moisture, it can lead to breakage. A good moisture treatment for black hair is Mizani Hydrafuse. It can be used after your protein treatment. Or on alternating weeks (one shampoo do the protein, and then the other shampoo do the moisture.) This treatment may not leave your hair feeling as "smooth" as many conditioners that contain silicones. You can use any instant conditioner that you like after your treatments to get a smoother feel. Instant conditioners are not necessary and do not need to be applied with heat.
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that Kreacare Humecto, I prefer the one in the 5lb tub-thicker, is the best moisturizing conditioner.
ShortyP98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Nexus Reply with quote
I like to uses some of the nexus products. The humetress is a really good conditioner.
hericane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Nexus Reply with quote
ShortyP98 wrote:
I like to uses some of the nexus products. The humetress is a really good conditioner.

I've heard some really good things about those two products; but I wonder if some of the less expensive products are actually just as effective in producing good results.

I KNOW that to be true with the ORS system. The uplifting shampoo and hair mayo yield shiny, moisturized, strong hair, and a great environemnt for growing hair.
ShortyP98

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Nexus Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
ShortyP98 wrote:

I've heard some really good things about those two products; but I wonder if some of the less expensive products are actually just as effective in producing good results.

I KNOW that to be true with the ORS system. The uplifting shampoo and hair mayo yield shiny, moisturized, strong hair, and a great environemnt for growing hair.

I haven't tried ORS yet but it's on my product list to try. I've heard really good things about their line.
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: How to Use Protein and Moisture Treatments Reply with quote
hairfinity wrote:
Use protein treatments to rebuild hair structure and strength. Your hair is about 88% protein. These proteins are of a hard fibrous type known as keratin. When hair is chemically straightened, these bonds are broken, causing the hair to lose strength. If this protein is not replaced, it will eventually cause the hair to break. Mizani Kerafuse is a good protein treatment for black hair. It should be used every week (for chemically relaxed or damaged hair) under a heated dryer with a plastic cap for 10-15 minutes. For healthy hair, a protein treatment should be used every other week, alternating with a moisture treatment.

Use moisture treatments. – Moisture treatments help build hair’s resilience and prevent breakage. If protein is not balanced with moisture, it can lead to breakage. A good moisture treatment for black hair is Mizani Hydrafuse. It can be used after your protein treatment. Or on alternating weeks (one shampoo do the protein, and then the other shampoo do the moisture.) This treatment may not leave your hair feeling as "smooth" as many conditioners that contain silicones. You can use any instant conditioner that you like after your treatments to get a smoother feel. Instant conditioners are not necessary and do not need to be applied with heat.

What are some good instant conditioners? I use a leave in conditioner called Kinky-Curly Knot Today. This conditioner is all natural. Would this be considered an instant conditioner?
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: How to Use Protein and Moisture Treatments Reply with quote
nrogersbell wrote:
hairfinity wrote:

What are some good instant conditioners? I use a leave in conditioner called Kinky-Curly Knot Today. This conditioner is all natural. Would this be considered an instant conditioner?

Usually the amount of time for directed use is a good way to gauge whether a conditioner is good for deep conditioning or instant use.

Suave, VO5, White Rain, Flex, Herbal Essences, etc. - these are some examples of instant conditioner. You are generally directed to use these for 1-3 minutes before rinsing.

Deep conditioners are usually 12-20 minutes in duration.
nrogersbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: How to Use Protein and Moisture Treatments Reply with quote
hericane wrote:
nrogersbell wrote:
hairfinity wrote:

Usually the amount of time for directed use is a good way to gauge whether a conditioner is good for deep conditioning or instant use.

Suave, VO5, White Rain, Flex, Herbal Essences, etc. - these are some examples of instant conditioner. You are generally directed to use these for 1-3 minutes before rinsing.

Deep conditioners are usually 12-20 minutes in duration.

Thank you. I really appreciate the advice.
BlessedByDesign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you deep condition, then why do you need an instant conditioner?
NeedMyHairBack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: conditioner Reply with quote
how often do you need to deep condition for dry brittle hair? with what type of conditioner.....
hericane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: conditioner Reply with quote
NeedMyHairBack wrote:
how often do you need to deep condition for dry brittle hair? with what type of conditioner.....

If you hair is dry or damaged opt to DC atleast 1x per week (maybe 2 if possible). Start with moisturizing conditioners, or choose a conditioner that has a good balance of protein and moisture. Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo is a good one to start with; they also have an Olive Oil Replenishing Pack that will make your hair silk soft. Vital Super Intensive reconstructor is a nice balance of softening proteins with great scalp stimulation. Queen Helene Cholesterol with Ginseng is inexpensive and effective. Elasta QP Intense conditioner is packed with great ingredients like silk protein, which strengthen the hair, but also add elasticity.
Computer*Love

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love HydroVeil it is a deep conditioning Leave In Treatment with Shea Butter and Humectants. After I wash my hair I put it in before I roller set, and I think that is what makes it shiny too. Idea
Beauty is only skin deep. Positive Thinking Gives Positive Results. Tell your hair what you want it to be and, it will show you what it already heard. Keep smiling ya'll we all Look better when we do.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote
I use Mega tek for protein and Neutrogena Triple moisture for moisture. So far, I am happy with these
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

~Briezzy09~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i deep codition every time i wash one i was every three days so oe time i will condion w/ heat then the next time i dnt ad i keep alternating like that it makes my hair more manageable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: