Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Is it safe to use deep conditioner in hair, overnite?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Is it safe to use deep conditioner in hair, overnite? Reply with quote
Someone told me to never seal in with condition a long time ago, I mistook by using it as a "leave in cond." I am worry if I am making second mistake by using regular deep conditioner in hair overnight? I like to leave it in hair with plastic cap , it keeps hair moist. and soft before wash all out, but some ppl said it bad vs some ppl said it safe. HELP ME! I am confused... I need find the truth to it 'cuz I wanna grow healthier hair. I don't wanna hair go crazy with shedding or dry in mysterious.

Is it just safe to leave it on for 5 or 15 mins?
angeeE5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leaving a deep conditioner in ur hair overnight is not a bad thing. As long as u rinse it out thr very next day with warm water, it is cool. I just did this the other day and I would not recommend doing this for two nights but one night is preferred. I would suggest that u use a water-bases conditioner. That way, once u rinse out the conditioner u will still have a lot of moisture in ur hair 2-3 days later.
Adrz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
it did leave great result and feel moistured for a week or 3 days but I met a white lady . She is studying to be hairstylist, she said to never leave protein-based condition in your hair , it can eat you up or even burn . Some protein is heavy or light you just can't tell when you leave it in. That is why you have to make sure it is rinsed all out after wait 15 mins .

Is she correct? she sounds like she knows what she talking abt
angeeE5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, she is absolutely correct about the protein treatments. You are to NEVER leave these treatments on your hair overnight. The longest you should have it stay on your head is 15-30 mins tops. Protein does become heavy on the hair, especially if the hair is coarse, so make sure that you thoroughly rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
Adrz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: i just bought aphogee green tea Reply with quote
IT works for me. I stopped because i read that you said she right. Should it be rinse out ,instead of leave in? if so - how many mintues to leave on hair before rinse out? 15 mins top? I have to use it because my hair was pourosity, it got better with Aphogee ph balance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Conditioners and Treatments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: