Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Itching!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trinisadie111

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Itching!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote
ok so i been in hairfinity pills for about 3 weeks now. and all of a sudden my hair really itching me! last week it itched a little but today its crazy!is this a good thing or bad? :
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Um how often do you wash your hair?

Transitioning!!!!!
Trinisadie111

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i been washing it twice a week.
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are you washing with?

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Itching is usually a great sign that your hair is growing or about to. This could be a different sign too if you are using a new product and your allergic.

mzkea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: I feel your pain Reply with quote
I also suffer from itchy scalp and recently purchased Carol's daughters lisa's hair elixir oil hoping that this would sooth my scalp considering it's made with pepermint extract, but all it did was mask the itch for a couple days and now I see more breakage which is wierd since she swears by it for itchy scalp. In a nut shell im very disappointed and feel I just let 20 bucks go down the drain Evil or Very Mad . Although I do like her healthy hair butter but the black vanilla shampoo and leave in conditioners are nothing to run home to mama about, she just has some wonderful advertising, so ladies save your money, unless your purchasing the hair butter.

but regarding my scalp, the only thing I found to help with eliminate the itch immediatly was Nizoral shampoo, IS THE BOMB if you want immediate relief , but I want something that helps with dry itchy scalp and a wonderful moisturizer all in one. Any ideas? Please help!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mz Kea for a moisturizer I use AG Hairfood. It's quite expensive but it really stay with me all week. Nizoral is great I know a lot of people who uses it. I pray this helps Very Happy By the way, I am not a fan of Carol's daughter either. I found a lot of her products do have chemicals and not as completely natural as she claims. Try Aubrey or Nature's gate for natural.

mzkea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you arrowwalker for your quick response! This site is the real deal.

I just have one more question, is it bad to scratch you scalp alot, meaning does it cause breakage, increased dry scalp from being irritated, I find it very hard not to but my hair itches so much.

Thanks.
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tell me what are you using on your hair meaning shampoo and conditioner? Do you use any kind of pomade, oil or leave in?

mzkea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ arrowalker

Do you have a web address? I would like look into it.

thanks
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No but you can PM me if you wish. That's a Private message, just look in your in box above

mzkea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Before ordering the black vanilla shampoo my stylist was using Mizani's shampoo and conditioner. I for the past 6 mths after getting a relaxer I noticed how tight and dry my scalp gets.

I don't use alot of products on my hair, I only use Pantene daily oil moisturizer and Organic root stimulator's olive oil sheen spray for quite a while now and have gotten by just fine, I wash once a week since I don't use alot of products.

I cannot use pomade or oils usually, they tend to make my hair break immediatly and weigh it down, I just figured I would give Carol's daughter a try since it had the pepermint extract, but it's HORRIBLE!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MzKea there are several post listed on this site of chemicals that are used in our hair products that are dangerous and harmful for us. Pantene, Mizani and a lot of others are some of them. Anything with Petroleum and Mineral oil are the worst for our hair so don't use these chemicals. You can read the list of ingredients on your product to make sure. Also, google them if you want to read about it for yourself. To begin with since your hair is relaxed you definately need moisture. You can use coconut or jojoba oil as a pre-poo treatment then wash it out with Nature's gate or aubrey shampoo and then condition. I use AG Hairfood which is a leave in. This provides me with shine and moisture as you dry the hair and stays there for the rest of the week. I want to make sure that the itching is not an allergy to something so before you begin try washing your hair with gentle shampoo and let it air dry. Do nothing you can start a new regimen the next day. Also, Roux Porosity is fabuolous! This is used as a rinse after your conditioner is used. Please keep me posted

mzkea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I sure will, thanks for the wondeful advice! Very Happy
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You so welcome and please don't feel alone with this because we are here for you. Happy Growing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Growth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: