Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Homemade Protein Treatment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaDragonPrincess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Homemade Protein Treatment Reply with quote
Mayo- 1 to 3 scoops, I use mostly "2 scoops"
Eggs- 1 or 2
Oil- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil "Any Oil Of Your Pick" 2 to 3 spoons

Whip ingredients together in a bowl,and use applicator brush to apply from roots of your hair to ends.

Pop on plastic cap,let sit for 10,20,or 30 minutes, whatever suits you,then wash out and deep condition with your favorite conditioner.

Enjoy!!!

Oldie,but goodie!!!

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How often you use a protein treatment?

Transitioning!!!!!
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Terrific thanks

Saleana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So shampoo first or do nothing first and just start with the protein treatment? I'm very glad I found this site, it was luck really, I didn't even know anything about protein treatments before. How often should they be done? THanks.!

www.loveandlightguidance.webs.com
ACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where is everyone purchasing the coconut oil from?
DaDragonPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jpmiyuka wrote:
How often you use a protein treatment?

I do it ounce a month Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saleana wrote:
So shampoo first or do nothing first and just start with the protein treatment? I'm very glad I found this site, it was luck really, I didn't even know anything about protein treatments before. How often should they be done? THanks.!

Hello sweetie, you may do the treatment before shampoo or after., I say do it at least ounce a month

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ACE wrote:
Where is everyone purchasing the coconut oil from?

You can get anywhere like food markets,wal-mart,etc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thankyou.I am also wondering how am I to post photos of my hair?Where is the upload tab on this site?
Adrz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Sista, I ain't that fond of egg as protein treatment Reply with quote
is EGG a MUST? I tried egg last night , afterward my hair feeling "sticky" I know I did wash all out and everything .But it been 4 times I used egg for protein treatment . Every time with Egg on night , then when I tried moist. to uncover my wrapping in morning , it always feels "sticky" and hair start shredding like never before! should stop?
ACE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Sista, I ain't that fond of egg as protein treatment Reply with quote
Sometimes too much protein can cause a backfire on your hair.You may not need an intense protein treatment all of the time, so if you notice too much shedding you can try to cut back on the number of protein treatments and also remember that with protein you must have moisture present afterwards. Also egg can be tricky if left on the hair too long.I had added egg to the Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo and afterwards my hair became really hard and just didnt feel right so I never did it again,lol! But now I know where I went wrong, I had lacked "proper" moisture.

Adrz wrote:
is EGG a MUST? I tried egg last night , afterward my hair feeling "sticky" I know I did wash all out and everything .But it been 4 times I used egg for protein treatment . Every time with Egg on night , then when I tried moist. to uncover my wrapping in morning , it always feels "sticky" and hair start shredding like never before! should stop?

Adrz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that is exactly what I mean...that why I stopped egg because from what I see , you did egg your hair got hard. My hair got hard too but "sticky" I hated it! What else is protein treatment w/o egg in homemade?
ACE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
off hand im not certain of homemade without egg....that'll be something nice to research out or ask some of the pro's of this site like Arrow or Angee(shout outs) lol, they have pretty good techniques about haircare.Also maybe even certain Organic items for protein treatments so they aren't clogged with harmful chemicals.Im trying to figure out how come your hair becomes sticky?

Adrz wrote:
that is exactly what I mean...that why I stopped egg because from what I see , you did egg your hair got hard. My hair got hard too but "sticky" I hated it! What else is protein treatment w/o egg in homemade?

Adrz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: ACE Reply with quote
hello Ace,

My hair only get "sticky" feeling or hard either ,every time I put egg in, for protein treatment .One time only. Yeah, from time to time like probably once a month then next month just once a week then next week is for once. But I never do all once on same week because I am very careful with protein and with how my hair is...all of my protein treatment is "non-heavy" that can be used for daily , it is called "Smooth n' Shine" very low price protein treatment in and resctuctive but I only use it once a month for safetly , easily common known to be found at Walmart for only $0.98 to 2.00.

I always mix that "Smooth and Shine" protein treatment in , it did a wonderful trick! But everytime I put egg in my hair, it feels so sticky, harden , and everything then it shredding the next day. I knew it was only Egg. I tried mayo when someone told me it is made from egg, but it did my hair FINE! I guess because my hair doesn't react well to egg that is invidual alone in yoke/white. It is just like honey or gum in hair being stuck...that what it feels like. Even thru I did make sure to use my conditioner and wash all egg out, I still feel stick! So I stopped.
ACE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: ACE Reply with quote
girl, thats awful!what a bad reaction.....

b
Adrz wrote:
hello Ace,

My hair only get "sticky" feeling or hard either ,every time I put egg in, for protein treatment .One time only. Yeah, from time to time like probably once a month then next month just once a week then next week is for once. But I never do all once on same week because I am very careful with protein and with how my hair is...all of my protein treatment is "non-heavy" that can be used for daily , it is called "Smooth n' Shine" very low price protein treatment in and resctuctive but I only use it once a month for safetly , easily common known to be found at Walmart for only $0.98 to 2.00.

I always mix that "Smooth and Shine" protein treatment in , it did a wonderful trick! But everytime I put egg in my hair, it feels so sticky, harden , and everything then it shredding the next day. I knew it was only Egg. I tried mayo when someone told me it is made from egg, but it did my hair FINE! I guess because my hair doesn't react well to egg that is invidual alone in yoke/white. It is just like honey or gum in hair being stuck...that what it feels like. Even thru I did make sure to use my conditioner and wash all egg out, I still feel stick! So I stopped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> DIY All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: