Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Can I relax it again?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaraOx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Can I relax it again? Reply with quote
I relaxed my hair last night for the first time ever using a Dark & Lovely kit... however, including the time it took me to put it on, it was only on my head for about 10 minutes before I got scared and washed it out!

For some reason, it straightened the top of my head and my hairline pretty well, but the rest of my hair (ends especially) are still curly! Not AS curly, but definately not straight.

So my question basically is, can I relax my hair again? like my entire head, except for the parts that are straight?

I've heard that you cant apply relaxer on already relaxed hair, is that true for everyone? What if I wait a couple weeks and do it then? To be honest it wasn't really on long enough to do anything, so that said, would it be okay to just re-do it?

Thanks! Smile
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi! Welcome!

Umm. You should have let a professional did it. Since it was your first time and you really don't have an idea on what the application process entails, you should have let someone with license do that. Even though it makes my eye twitch and vein throb in my forehead to say that (I do not like beauticians! I do my own hair.) but its true. You have what they call "Virgin Hair". Hair that has never been relaxed. I assume you were trying to get all of you hair straightened. You didn't let it process long enough as well as you didn't apply it right.

You CAN NOT...I repeat...YOU CAN NOT relax that has already been previously relaxed. Your hair will fall out like snow from the sky! To be safe, I recommend that you do wait about 3 weeks before going to see a professional to get it re-relaxed. Even though you say it didn't do to much, when you re apply, it will get back on places that were already relaxed due to novice. Let a professional do it.

Transitioning!!!!!
TaraOx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks!

It was definately properly/evenly applied though, even at the back, just the parts that got straightened at the top/front are where my hair is naturally really fine to start with.

So even if I go to a professional, they can't put a corrective on the rest of my head? The relaxer has definately already touched my entire head. I just got scared and washed it off way too early!
jpmiyuka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still all in all, wait to get it relaxed. I also recommend you get Roux Porosity Control. It helps with relaxer applications.

Transitioning!!!!!
~Briezzy09~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dnt think that yu should do it agian until 6 weeks at the least. And whoever told yu can relax hair thats is already relaxed is wrong thats called over processing and its not good to overprocess hair if yu keep over processing yu hair yu wont have any
arrowwalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have to agree with JP and Brezzy be very careful and because you don't want to lose any strands take precaution!

MissCoco210

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I relaxed my hair for the first time. I followed all the directions and it came out good. I was a lil uneasy about doing it but then i did it! However I know it saves $$$ lord know we need to save $$ nowadays. But you can never beat that salon quality. I don't like going cause they always wanna cut your ends. Thinking about I might just ask my sis to do it cause she is able to see the back of my hair. when you stretch relaxer it more like you are not going to over process. I think that I am over processed cause i had my sis do then then like a few weeks later i had my roommate do it next few weeks i did it. I should only have one person to do it. I am not sure who i am going to do it. since i am stretching 16 weeks and that is going to be the end of my no heat and protective hair challenge i am going to have a professional do it

MsCandiApple

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would wait and not relax again immediately.
ACE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Can I relax it again? Reply with quote
a real professional is necessary for sho.....that happened to me at a janky hair salon but thankfully in two weeks i was told i could have another perm applied so it worked out ok....

TaraOx wrote:
I relaxed my hair last night for the first time ever using a Dark & Lovely kit... however, including the time it took me to put it on, it was only on my head for about 10 minutes before I got scared and washed it out!

For some reason, it straightened the top of my head and my hairline pretty well, but the rest of my hair (ends especially) are still curly! Not AS curly, but definately not straight.

So my question basically is, can I relax my hair again? like my entire head, except for the parts that are straight?

I've heard that you cant apply relaxer on already relaxed hair, is that true for everyone? What if I wait a couple weeks and do it then? To be honest it wasn't really on long enough to do anything, so that said, would it be okay to just re-do it?

Thanks! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Relaxers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: