Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Does your hairfinity vitamins work????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deafprincess2007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What Can I do to get the Max out of my hair and Vitamins Reply with quote
MommYWasH wrote:
HELLLO!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy I am completely new to this, but i have been trying to grow my hair since i can remember but nothing ever works. so i deicded to take a chance and try this. i am in the military so we never have to do much but wear it in a bun and go about the week, i just need to know how to take care of it.... Embarassed

Hi! Thank you!

Does your hair have any breakage? If your hair grows as breakage at the same time, it will make it seems that your hair is not grow at all. Make sure you take care of them properly. Everyone grows their hair 1/4 to 1.5 inches a month as 6 to 12 inches a year.

Please take Hairfinity vitamins and use the gentle shampoo 2 or 3 times a day (everyday is FINE, remember water is moisture! Smile )as i recommend you to generate your hair growth more faster. Your hair needs water to penetrate the scalp to wake those sleepy follicles to promote growth. And you must use after shampoo conditioner then leave in treatment.

If you trim so often, maybe this is the problem why your hair doesnt seem to grow longer. Try trim less than an inch in every three to six months so you would see your hair grows so much longer faster! Very Happy

I suggest you to get box braids why? Because it helps to retain length and less breakage. You can leave them for 3 months so you would have those beautiful 1 1/2 to 3 inches of hair growth! Your hair will thank you for it! Make sure you wash them regularly and moisturize them okay? If you dont like box braids please use protective styles to protect those ends to keep them from splitting or flyaway. If not, try rollsets! Very Happy

Try Ovaltion Cell thearpy, boundless tresses, mega tek or MTG. It will make your hair grows faster as double! Very Happy

If you are relaxed, please stretch them for 3 to 6 months to prevent overlapping or chemical burns.

If you are in army, please use buns as often and you should style them with anything to make it pretty! Very Happy if that allowed in army.
mariofmagdal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Vitamins Reply with quote
I just started using my vitamins this week. Hoping for great results!
RONI

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: HAIRFINITY VITAMINS Reply with quote
HI I'M NEW TO THIS I'VE TRIED A FEW DIFFERENT TIHNGS TO GROW MY HAIR BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK DO THESE VITAMINS REALLY WORK? AND ARE THEY CHEWABLE? ALSO I'M TAKING A DAILY VITAMIN (CENTRUM) WILL I HAVE TO STOP THOSE BEFORE I CAN START THE HAIRFINITY ONES. AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
MsConda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: These vitamins work... Reply with quote
Yes these vitamins work ladies I've only done one month and I notice a change. I'm on my second month wish me luck.

P.S. Oh the little girl pictures got me too. She took the tablets for 6 months and her hair is down her back. After taking the first month I believe! I don't know how to put the pictures on here, if anyone knows how to I will be more than happy to share pictures of my hair growth since My first month of taking these vitamins...

This is day one of my of taking my hair vitamins....

This is day 25 of taking my hair vitamins...lol now it has a curl to it but you should see the difference...

And this is a picture of day 1 of my MONTH 2 of my vitamins...taken yesterday...

Okay so let me give you a before and after so you can be sure you want to purchase..lol..because I looked at this site for weeks before I decided to purchase it...

NeedMyHairBack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: does hairfinity vitamins work Reply with quote
I have done so much research about trying to grow black hair and i found so much that say's vitamins are useless.
I am just unsure if vitamins really work.
hericane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: does hairfinity vitamins work Reply with quote
NeedMyHairBack wrote:
I have done so much research about trying to grow black hair and i found so much that say's vitamins are useless.
I am just unsure if vitamins really work.

Unless you are consuming a significantly healthy diet consistently, more than likely you need a vitamin. We often do not give our body all that IT needs to function well; so without the vitamin, there are no "extra" nutrients left over for your hair. The vitamin gives you that little extra to "feed" your hair what IT needs to grow consistently.
hericane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: These vitamins work... Reply with quote
MsConda wrote:
Yes these vitamins work ladies I've only done one month and I notice a change. I'm on my second month wish me luck.

P.S. Oh the little girl pictures got me too. She took the tablets for 6 months and her hair is down her back. After taking the first month I believe! I don't know how to put the pictures on here, if anyone knows how to I will be more than happy to share pictures of my hair growth since My first month of taking these vitamins...

This is day one of my of taking my hair vitamins....

This is day 25 of taking my hair vitamins...lol now it has a curl to it but you should see the difference...

And this is a picture of day 1 of my MONTH 2 of my vitamins...taken yesterday...

Okay so let me give you a before and after so you can be sure you want to purchase..lol..because I looked at this site for weeks before I decided to purchase it...

WOW! Shocked Thats some AWESOME progress. Keep up the good work.
BlackBeauti85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone Im new and ready to get this growth rolling. I just started my vitamins this weekend and started taking them yesterday. I forgot to take a before photo and now I have cornrows. So Ill just take a photo after a month of usage. I started out with hair about mid neck, but Im gonna see If i can find a pic which I doubt. Any suggestions on hair care with my braids in while taking the vitamins.
LadyDef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Just a few comments (this is kinda long, Sorry!) Reply with quote
Hi All! I'm new to the forum.

I've read almost all of the posts, so I'll just insert my comments on a few that I remember.

There are a few things that I disagree with as far as hair care advice. But for the most part, deafprincess makes a LOT of good points!

1.) We should be washing our hair every 2 to 3 DAYS, but no less than ONCE per week. Our regimen should also contain conditioning while sitting under a hair dryer, NOT that leave-in instant stuff. Water provides the moisture that black hair needs to achieve LENGTH. ANY products that you use should list water FIRST. Products are listed in order by the amount/content of the product. In other words, if it is first that makes up a larger portion of the product and so on and so forth, until you get to the smaller ingredients which are listed toward the end of the list.

2.) NO BRUSHING!!!!!!It is WAY too much stress on the hair. I didn't believe this. I was always told that brushing stimulates the follicles. It does, but it also puts stress on them and the scalp. I was brushing a thin spot on my head trying to get it to grow back in. When I stopped brushing, VOILA! it grew back!

3.) I disagree with wearing protective styles. This is like French rolls or anything with the hair tucked under/in. I have worn them and my ends tend to be very brittle with these types of styles. However, to be fair, it may work differently for others. I have dry hair and have to keep it moisturized. However, to be fair, it may work differently for others. I have dry hair and have to keep it moisturized. It's almost like it "smothers" my ends and robs them of moisture.

4.) While I haven't tried Hairfinity vitamins (I have my order in though!), I have had positive experiences with other hair vitamins and just regular vitamins. I ALWAYS notice a difference in my hair when I take vitamins consistently. I've used Gold Medal's hair vitamins and One a Day Plus Iron. However, I have not achieved the type of results that Hairfinity boasts.

Cathy Howse disagrees with taking hair vitamins, but she does support taking (regular) vitamins.

5.) The best way to moisturize braids is with a SPRAY. A Spray will get into the "nooks and crannies" and moisturize. Since most braid wearers leave their style in over 60 days, this method of moisturizing will minimize breakage during the takedown process.

I have to reiterate deafprincess' advice on the content of your moisturizers: NO PETROLEUM, MINERAL OIL, NO ALCOHOL or anything that fights frizzies. This essentially tells you that the product "resists" humidity which is WATER. No water, means no moisture in your hair! This means breakage!

6.) Deafprincess is ON POINT about the trimming the ends. We don't need to trim! Hair is always going to have split ends at some point in time. Normal, everyday combing and brushing is going to cause SOME split ends. Trimming the ends does NOT encourage hair growth! How can cutting something encourage growth??? That's always been a mystery to me why people believe this!

I have to reiterate deafprincess' advice on the content of your moisturizers: NO PETROLEUM, MINERAL OIL, NO ALCOHOL or anything that fights frizzies. This essentially tells you that the product "resists" humidity which is WATER. No water, means no moisture in your hair! That means breakage!

Also a word on conditioning. The conditioner that you use should contain a scalp stimulator like peppermint oil. This will stimulate the follicles and gives it the stimulation you need so that you don't need to (and shouldn't) brush the hair. The conditioner should be a deep conditioner that requires you to use a hooded dryer. This process ( heat) swells the cuticle so that the conditioner gets down into the scalp/follicle and stimulates growth.

Many of my comments are based on my experience of following the advice given by Cathy Howse and it WORKS! I always experience growth when I use her method/advice consistently. Unfortunately for me, relaxers are a no-no and I am now happily nappy. Laughing

But as I stated, I do disagree with her on the vitamins as I have experienced further growth and success in varying degrees when I take vitamins consistently. To me, that is the key!

While I do not promote any particular person/product, I do like to pass on information that helps anyone who wishes to learn about how to take care of their hair and encourage growth:

www.ubhpublications.com
This is Cathy Howse's site with testimonials and pictures of those who have used her system and products.

I hope that someone can use this information and I hope to post pics of my own growth with Hairfinity in the near future
!
keisha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I there keisha is the name

first of all you have to keep it strong by deep conditioning once a week with a good protein conditioner

try to cut out the brushing

use a wide teeth comb with rounded edges

If your hair is at your shoulders wear it up until it passes this point. This is were most people get stunted because the ends brushes on your clothing and breaks

Always be gentle

tie your head with a silk/satin scarf or bonnet at night or use a silk pillow case

keep it moisturized, dry hair is more susceptable to breaking. watch out for products with petrolatum and mineral/lanolin oil, they are not goood for hair.

Eat well and drink water

vitamins can also help
Sistalikewhoaa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, after reading everyone's comments, I think I'm ready to make my purchase. My hair used to be really thick and long as a child...but then as I got older I thought I knew how to do my hair. Heat, combined with laziness, made my hair break off. I'm so embarrassed, and feel like a chicken head! I hope these vitamins work! I'm giving myself a long term goal (1-2 years), because I know amazing hair growth doesn't happen overnight!

Very Happy
twii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Growth Reply with quote
Hi, this is twii and I have reviced my bottle of hairfinity and I want to know if anyone could tell me how to go about the hair treatments that they list what to use and how to use. Thanks.
Tee-Nee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: how do you take your vitamins Reply with quote
i'm not sure wheather to take them together or seperatly during the day. Question
too2cute79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take them sepearately. I usually take mine with breakfast and lunch, get it out the way. Or you can do lunch and dinner, or morning and before you go to bed. Whatever works for you. Just make sure you take them 5-6 hours apart.
brina5eva

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Attention about the vitamins!! Reply with quote
Can you just take the powder out of the pill rather than just swallowing it whole? Does it still work to grow hair? Has anyone done this? Please respond
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hair Care Forum Forum Index -> Hair Growth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: